Montel Technologies is currently looking for several candidates to fill positions as IP Video Field Engineers in the Greater Chicago Area. The Field Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the expansion of existing network infrastructure to support video traffic.
Roles and Responsibilities:• Design camera placement via field surveys
• Work with subcontractors to identify electrical and structural concerns
• Design server and storage requirements
• Design backhaul to support video (wireless and fiber)
• Perform installation, audit, commissioning, maintenance and support of systems at client sites.
• Act as liaison between customers and Montel Technologies
• Develop and maintain a strong relationship with customers.
• Properly document issues encountered in the field.
• Properly document all on-site activities in the company CRM.
• Ensure timely escalation of critical customer-related issues through proper channels.
• Ensure timely resolution of customer issues.
• Provide on-site technical support.
• Define product/functional requirements based on customer requirements and facilitate development work specific to the customer.
• Provide customer with an open forum for questions regarding strategic plans, best practices, and advice on upgrades, special concerns, and ad hoc consulting for software implementation, integration, training, and change requests.
• Provide reporting as requested by Montel Technologies, LLC and/or customer.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Possesses strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in both hardware and software.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Ability to listen and to adapt to different personalities and situations.
• Effective organization and time-management skills.
• Experience in Customer Service, Technical Support and Project Management
• Must possess valid driver’s license and passport
• Excellent knowledge of the Windows operating system.
• Excellent knowledge of networking principles and IP protocol.
• Experience with PC/Server configuration and troubleshooting with Windows operating system.
• Experience with networking equipment configuration and troubleshooting (switches, routers, etc.).
• Sound knowledge of electrical circuits (voltage, current, resistors).
• Experience with access control systems.
• CCNA or other technical professional certification.
• Knowledge of C++/C#/Visual Basic programming.
• Microsoft SQL Server administration experience.
• Experience with CCTV systems (camera, matrix, DVR, etc.).
• Hands-on experience with access control systems (design, troubleshooting and commissioning).
We have several positions throughout the United States. So if you are interested in other markets please put that market in your subject line.
Email Resumes To: